Friday, December 28, 2007

World Situation: Desperate as Usual

To quote the beloved Kurt Vonnegut, "The world situation is desperate as usual!" But I was more disturbed by yesterdays world events than usual. Heinous crimes are committed everyday, but it is not everyday that a world leader is assassinated. The murder of Benazir Bhutto has left an acidic lump of fear and sadness in my throat. The world is an even more dangerous place now and still we must attend to our day to day chores mostly unaffected in the United States. I wanted to write today, but did not feel I could without first acknowledging this tragedy. May peace find a way into the hearts of all Pakistanis today and tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom Robbins not Kurt Vonnegut.

Ace said...

Thanks for the correction! Tom Robbins is one of my other favorite authors, so I am not surprised that I confused them.