Monday, July 11, 2011

Marcel Chairs

These are our new Marcel Breuer chairs that I ordered on Overstock.com.

My friends' dad had a pair in their childhood home. I always admired his amazing modern taste. I remember being surprised by how comfortable the chairs were.

On my first trip to NYC when I was 16 years old, I bought three posters from MOMA of a photographic image of a mod woman sitting in a Breuer chair. I gave the Breuer posters to my boyfriend and best friend at the time. I loved that poster.

I have been wanting to update my home with some new modern pieces. I want my decor to be less Pottery Barn and more Elle Decor. I also needed to find chairs that my dog, Woody, will not chew up. I am hoping the chrome will detract him.
This is Woody.
This is the chair that Woody ate.

6 comments:

drollgirl said...

WOODY! god! lololol!!! i can't even tell you how many couches my dearly departed peanut and leo (kitties) RUINED. they thought a couch was a gigantic scratching post. ugh!!! but with the good comes the bad. and i think chrome would be safe from the destructive powers of WOODY! :)

p.s. my grandpa's name was woody. well, woodrow, but he went by woody. :) WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS. yeesh

Mindy said...

I love them! They look great. I can't believe Woody is still chewing up your furniture. Our dog Iggy did that for a while but stopped once he became an adult.

Regardless, I LOVE the chairs and I love how they are pet-compatible :)

Alisa said...

Oh my... I love them!! Yes, I have always loved those chairs except I was too afraid to sit in them for fear of staining them. Black is a good choice!

Craig R. P. said...

Bitchin' chairs.....

Craig R. P. said...

BITCHIN' CHAIRS...

Craig R. P. said...

ONE MORE TIME.....RULE OF THREES BITCHIN CHAIRS...HOLY CRAP..DID I SPELL BITCHIN RIGHT...