Thursday, July 14, 2011

Spectrum


"Four Palms"

"Sorbet"
"Four Dollars"
"Write"

I submitted these digital photographs for the SCAD show on color called "Spectrum". I am waiting to hear if they made it in. This is my homage to Andy Warhol. I actually ran into him the summer I lived in NYC. We were both shopping in the Fiorucci store on East 59th. I about died! Of course I was too chicken shit to say anything to him. He was with a young man and other than the shop employees, we were the only ones in the store!

The Fiorucci brand was so cool. I bought my friend Aimee and myself large cylinder tins showcasing one of their iconic prints. I still have mine, it is now sitting on my daughter's dresser.

Got to love Warhol's "Marilyn"


Warhol quotes - words of wisdom?

3 comments:

drollgirl said...

love what you submitted! i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! :)

Craig R. P. said...

Love the Warhol. Indeed. Do what the zombies could never understand...

Like D-Grrrll, I too like the work you submitted.

Gut Luck.

Alisa said...

Good luck friend!! I am missing your lovely art community!